new recipes, part 3.

Last week and this week have been really busy, as I've spent three nights a week in training to become a CASA, which means I not only take lunch to work, but also dinner to eat just before I leave. So, the weekends before, I've made a bunch of food all at once, to have leftovers ready throughout the week. Its working really well, even for days that I don't have training, because getting dinner when I get home is a snap.

These are some of the recipes I've used (13-15 of 25):

Slow-Cooker Chicken Curry

I think I've only really had curry once before, though my recipe for chicken broccoli divan calls for some of it, and I like that. This recipe, of course, calls for significantly more. It was good, but you can definitely taste the curry, and it has a little kick. I might use a bit less next time. Of course, I'm kind of wimpy when it comes to spicy food.

Spinach Lasagna Rolls

Yum, yum, yum. One tip I read before regarding spinach rolls - if you add a bit of olive oil to the water when boiling, before you add the lasagna noodles, it keeps them from slipping together. Super easy to put together - if my dad would eat ricotta, I'd make these for family (and use meat instead of spinach in his).

Slow Cooker Taco Soup

Good, quick, easy, and it makes a TON.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and comment!