21 in 2010 - 3 month update.

Now that March is over, and we're three months into 2010, I thought it was time for an update on this year's goals.
  1. Win my family's Biggest Loser competition (starts January 6 and runs for 16 weeks). (Still going until the end of April - we'll see what happens, though I think winning might be a long shot.)
  2. Run a 5K. (Ugh. I really don't like running.)
  3. Take Dakota to the beach.
  4. Clean out the garage.
  5. Try 5 new fruits or vegetables. (4 down, 1 to go - spaghetti squash, grapefruit, parsnip, avocado.)
  6. Refinish the living room dresser.
  7. Walk the Norfolk Botanical Gardens.
  8. Organize the hall closet. (Done! See part 1, part 2, and part 3.)
  9. Grow something.
  10. Visit another continent. (Kelli and I are hoping to go to Gabon, Africa in August/September.)
  11. Read through the New Testament. (In progress - right now I'm reading through Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John chronologically.)
  12. See a Grand Illumination.
  13. For one month, watch only one hour of TV each week. (In progress - 2 1/2 weeks down so far, with only one hour total! See my reasons and my thoughts on day 3.)
  14. Try 25 new recipes. (15 of 25 done - see part 1, part 2, and part 3.)
  15. Read 3 non-fiction books.
  16. Become a Court Appointed Special Advocate. (In progress - if all goes according to plan, I'll be sworn in as a court officer on April 12 and receive a case shortly after that.)
  17. Blog every day for a month.
  18. Give 5 specific, unexpected, anonymous gifts
  19. Go skydiving. (Planned as part of Kelli's graduation gift - maybe August?)
  20. Take a picture a day for a month.
  21. Read through all of the Chronicles of Narnia. (In progress - I finished The Magician's Nephew, and am working on The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe.)
Overall, not bad - but I think I better step it up a bit!

2 comments:

  1. so how did you like your new fruits and veggies?
    and how do you like the narnia books? i love them, i read them usually about once a year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and comment!