Challenge update

(Warning - another long post ahead.)

I've been working steadily in my office, hoping to get it (mostly) finished before my family arrives for a weekend visit. That's today that they're arriving, and I'm pretty satisfied with what's been accomplished so far. Looking at these before and afters, I'm not sure how much progress is visible, but it feels completely different to me.


Before - The bed was cluttered with papers and bags to be sorted, and a few items to be donated.


After - There are a handful of things on the bed now, but I'll be taking care of them today. The basket and magazine holders are returns that will go in my car, and the other items are paper supplies that need to be moved to the kitchen. You can see the trundle bed in the corner of the picture, made up and ready for my family's arrival, and the items on the floor between the two beds are items to be donated.


Before - The desk was a dumping ground, full of active projects or things that needed to be dealt with "someday."


After - The desk is mostly cleared, and most of the items left belong there. The few that don't, should be easily sorted. I'm thinking of rearranging the furniture in the room a little, and pulling the desk into the middle of the room. Besides that, the next step is here is to manage the cords (this will be easier once I replace the no-longer-working wireless router). I also still need to go through the two blue file boxes in the corner - I think I can eliminate the need for them.


Before - The bookcase was somewhat organized, but there were still some things that didn't have a home, and the top was cluttered.


After - The folding chairs are still in here for my family's visit - I'll move them to the back room once they leave. I took some time to make a list of everything that needed to be stored in this office and best way to do that. I moved a lot of things around, bought a few more photo storage boxes, and labeled everything. The green tote is for Active Projects (anything on my to-do list that can't easily fit in the file folder I keep on my desk). Still to do here - I'd like to buy magazine holders (sturdier than the cardboard ones I had before) to take some of the weight out of the magazine holder on the wall (I'll need to find another home for the large frames and decorative items currently on the bookcase). I'd also like to paint the nine-drawer cabinet and label the drawers, find a better way to store ribbon, organize the photos in the photo boxes, and finally do something with the large frames leaning against the side of the bookcase.

So, overall, there's not that much more to do in here. My next stop is the garage.

One more thing...in my quest to enjoy the little moments, this is what I did after worship team practice last night.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the room, you did a great job. May your visit with your family be wonderful and fun. Oh and did you have to link Starbucks...lol! Well I guess I'll be making a 30+ minute trip into town this weekend for one now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow your room is looking great, good job for getting it done so quickly doesn't it feel great

    ReplyDelete
  3. doesn't that feel great?!

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You've been a busy girl. Everything looks so neat! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and comment!