Jacob

My 4-year-old nephew Jacob spent the last several days with me - part of me wishes I had taken time to blog about it throughout the weekend, because he just says some of the most adorable things, but the more realistic part of me knows that just spending time with him was far more important. Not that there was much down time anyway, in between the children's museum, hanging out with Heather and Nathan, going to church, seeing the Bee Movie at the Cinema Cafe - yes, I'm definitely the cool aunt.

He loves the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and can sing almost the entire theme song on his own. And now, so can I.

He thinks that when you play "I Spy," that you don't really need to see the thing you're describing. I figured this out when, about 2 hours into the car trip to meet Katie yesterday with a broken portable DVD player, he got very frustrated when I couldn't guess that something that was white and yellow and straight was a snake.

He dropped a tray on his foot Saturday night, which meant that I needed to carry him everywhere (or he would hop or crawl). Until we got to Nick and Heather's and he and Nathan chased each other around their house the minute I set him down.

He sleeps horizontally on the bed and moves around all night long. This meant that the two dogs also sleeping in my bed also moved around all night long. Last night was the best night's sleep I've had in forever.

He can tell you all about space bags and their water-tight seal.

He doesn't know why Pap calls everybody "mobile" (because when Pap calls someone on his voice-activated phone, he says "call Jon mobile").

He tells me he loves me all the time. He says that he wants to tell the people in his family that he loves them every day. Smart kid, huh?

He gives the best hugs in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and comment!