It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

I wonder if I could start every blog post from here through Christmas with a lyric or title from a holiday song. Think I could do it?

Thanksgiving was good - I spent a pretty long time with my family, and except for a few tense moments at the beginning, I had a lot of fun. I spent lots of time with my family, and had a really good time hanging out with Jacob. I just love that kid.

Now that I'm back home, I've started decorating for Christmas, which means that my house looks like a complete mess! I'm leaving Thursday for a work meeting in DC, then a visit with a friend in Delaware for the weekend, and I had grand hopes of finishing decorating before I left. I'm trying to remind myself that I don't have to do it all, right this minute.

Luckily, I've been in a really productive mood lately. I'm getting ideas and making plans, then actually following through with them. I've done more to decorate my house in the last few weeks than the last few months, I think. And given how many things I need and want to get done before Christmas, I'm glad I'm nearly finished buying gifts.

Once I finish the decorating, I'll take you on a tour. I have a lot of stuff - I go a little crazy at this time of year. But for now, I'm really enjoying having the tree up and decorated and visible through the window when I pull into my driveway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and comment!