Christmas and Why I Like Living Alone

I added a Christmas playlist to my blog. I'm working on a regular one, but figured it was good to start with Christmas. My friend Becky, who lives in China, says that playing Christmas music and putting up decorations early is just a way of prolonging the holiday spirit, and I love that.

Next week will be a short one at home - I'll get home from Frederick Sunday night, and leave Thursday afternoon for a meeting in DC on Friday and a weekend in Delaware with my friend Kate. But, I'm planning to start decorating just as soon as I get home, so I'll post pictures when I'm done. I'd consider starting now, but I have too many things to do and plan before I drive to Frederick on Wednesday.

The last week or so has been so busy, and today, after lunch after church, I found myself just so glad to be home and by myself. I don't usually need a ton of alone time, but the past week or so has just been so busy and full, that I really found myself wanting to stay home and just be - to veg out and catch up on some of my TV shows, to plan out some of the things that are going on over the next month, and to just hear myself think a little. This is especially important, as quiet alone time will be really hard to come by while I'm staying at my parents' house.

1 comment:

  1. I listen to Christmas music all year round. Who says you can only celebrate the birth of Christ and gift-giving only one time a year?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and comment!