charging station.

Since I first saw this jewelry box turned charging station, I've been keeping my eyes opened for the right box to do something similar. Here's the before :



The first thing I did was to rip out the lovely yellow velour dividers (even before I took the photos), then I used the end of a flathead screwdriver to pull off the rest of the lining. I primed and painted the whole thing white, then distressed it and added a dark stain on top as a glaze (the distressing shows up much better in person).


I cut a hole in the back using a large drill bit, then lined the sides with pieces of patterned scrapbook paper. At first, I planned to just leave the drawer, but then decided that it wasn't necessary and would get in the way, so I cut off the front of the drawer and used Liquid Nails to glue it in place.


I added the quote to the inside cover, partly because I like it and have always wanted to have it somewhere in my home, and partly because I think its funny that a charging station contains a quote about resting.

Every house where love abides, and friendship is a guest,
is surely home, and home sweet home; for there the heart can rest.
~ Henry van Dyke, Home Song

This is what it looks like inside the house, with the power cord and all my chargers. I'm actually using it here to charge my camera battery and my cell phone, which is why its open - when its not in use, everything fits well enough to close.

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and comment!