gabon. and balance.

A couple months ago, I mentioned that my sister and I had just registered for a short-term missions trip to Gabon, Africa. We leave in a little less than two months, and we're ankle-deep in planning. We've written and mailed out support letters, we're looking into visas and anti-malarial meds, and we've started shopping for all the little things we need.

I am so excited about our trip, that I'm actually struggling to make sure that the next two months aren't all about Gabon, even while we're doing all the necessary prep work. There are a lot of good things going on in between now and the day we leave, and I don't want to be so focused on the future that I miss the present.

I often find myself trying to achieve this balance, sliding from one extreme to the other. I don't want to spend my life planning to live and never living, and I've learned the hard way that my plans aren't always God's plans. I don't want to slide through life flying by the seat of my pants, either - constantly reacting because I failed to put in the work now. Its not always an easy line to walk.

Either way, as I strive to make sure I'm living today well, if you'd like to read more information about our trip, including the reasons we're going, you can view our support letter here (page 1 and page 2). We'd love your prayers!

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, that sounds like an incredible experience. Good luck in your planning, hope to hear more about it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and comment!