kristin's journal.

My friend Kristin is graduating from high school tomorrow, and I wanted to make her something special for a gift.

We've spent a lot of time over the past year talking about taking risks, and moving outside of your comfort zone. Kristin has followed God's leading this year to do so many things that have scared her to death, but she's followed anyway, and learned so much about faith in the process.

I spent some time looking online for a journal or notebook that would speak to all of that. When I didn't have any luck, I decided to make my own - and this is the finished result!

I love how it turned out - even better than the picture I had in my head.


In addition to the cover, there are three dividers inside as well, each covered with a different piece of patterned paper. Most of the inside pages are blank, but the first page of each section has a quote that reminded me of Kristin.


I also added a pocket inside the front and back covers - the front has a little note from me to Kristin, and back containers several scrapbooking photo corners, in case she wants to add photos to some of the pages.

The best part? I used a children's board book I bought at the thrift store for the covers and dividers, thanks to this inspiration from Nap Time Journal on cheap chipboard albums. I just covered used a box cutter to carefully separate the pages, then covered the pictures of the Little Mermaid with scrapbook paper.

I'm so happy with the end result, and can't wait to give it to Kristin tonight!


Edited to add: I'm linking this up to Feature Yourself Friday.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link back to my blog. I love the paper you used! Isn't great to make something new out of those board books. I have a stack ready to do myself :)

    Have a grand day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great Kristy.. I made grad presents for all my Young Life girls this year too! It was so fun! I will post them after I give them to the girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that. Such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kris! I really really like this! It super cute and I like the pockets in the front and back the best!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and comment!