new recipes, part 5 (and done).

I finally finished my recipe goal for the year - here are numbers 22-25.

Slow cooker chicken with salsa and cream cheese

This is a variation on salsa chicken tacos - a recipe I make frequently because its easy and so versatile. Sometime ago I saw a version that included cream cheese, though I can't remember where. It wasn't bad, but I'm not sure I liked it enough to make it again.

Grilled stuffed zucchini

I loved this - it was so good that I've already made it again twice, including a veggie version with brown rice instead of the Italian turkey sausage. I've also used leftover filling to stuff bell peppers, which was also amazing.

Bacon-wrapped green beans

I had some green beans in the refrigerator that I needed to use, and was kind of bored at the idea of just steaming them like I usually do. So, I wanted to try this recipe for bacon-wrapped green bean bundles - except all I had was turkey bacon, and I didn't have the rest of the ingredients for the sauce, so I skipped that part. Very good, so next time I'm going to actually try the way the recipe.

Red beans and rice

I'm undecided on this one. I know that red beans and rice is one of those traditional regional dishes that comes with really strong opinions on the way its supposed to be made. It was okay - not bad, but also not amazing. So I'm kind of wondering if I'm just not wild about red beans and rice in general, or if it was just this version.
For more recipes and reviews, see part 1, part 2, part 3, and part 4.

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and comment!