Headache update

Here's an update on the headache problem, for anyone who's interested.

I did see the doctor again on Friday, and he prescribed another medication to take just before bed every night. Unfortunately, it takes several days to really start working, so he gave me samples of something else in the meantime. The samples just don't work, so I've been taking Aleve for the really bad headaches (this weekend was particularly bad). The medicine I've been taking nightly really wipes me out - yesterday was kind of fuzzy, though today is a bit better. I still feel a bit like I'm walking around in a fog, but I don't know if it's because of the medication or the headache pain.

The doctor also ordered head and sinus CTs, and those are scheduled for Monday. He doesn't expect to find anything on them - the goal is really to rule out other causes, some of which are scary and some aren't. So, I guess we'll see.

In the meantime, I'm just grateful for those days when the only pain is a dull ache, rather than the sharp kind. That's what yesterday was like. Today is okay so far, but it's too early to tell for sure.

The biggest frustration, I think, is that I hate the way this messes up my plans. I usually look forward to weekends, especially long ones where I don't have a lot planned, because I can get some things done around the house. But that didn't happen this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and comment!