Adventures in home improvement

It's been a busy weekend, but we've got a lot of stuff done. Mom and Dad are coming to visit in two weeks, and I would love to be unpacked and mostly as set up (as much as possible, at least) by the time of their visit.

Dad hung my new chandelier, which looks great. I'm glad there's already a dimmer on the switch, though - because it sure is bright (5 100-watt bulbs came with the chandelier). He tried to hang the new vanity light for the bathroom, but shocked himself, so we decided to wait on that one until he has all the right tools. He also hung the medicine cabinet, but it's a bit shorter than the old one, so the drywall needs to be fixed before I can paint.

A funny thing about the medicine cabinet - apparently, old medicine cabinets had a small slot for razor blades, so when Dad pulled out the old cabinet, there were tons of old rusted razors in the wall openings. I took a couple pictures, and I'll post them as soon as Dad sends them to me.

Update: Here are the photos from removing the medicine cabinet.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and comment!