Other updates

I got two quotes for updating to central air and transitioning from oil heat to electric, including replacing the water heater and pulling out the radiators. There are a couple other small things, too, like adding exhausts for the current bathroom and the to-be master bathroom, and changing the vent for the over-the-range microwave to tie into the vent that currently is in the ceiling. The quotes were actually very far apart – one was almost double the other. So, after making sure that both included the same things, I went with the smaller quote, and the work is scheduled to begin a week from Friday. In the meantime, the window units are working, but my allergies would appreciate the break.

There are a few other things I want to do the house, including repainting almost every room and doing some simple, mostly cosmetic updates. I’d also like to refinish the floors. I knew they needed it when I looked at the house, but seeing the floor without furniture, I think they need it even more. I’m just waiting for the radiators to come out before doing either (refinishing the floors or painting).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and comment!