Kitchen Appliances

I ordered my appliances today for my kitchen. I have an appointment Friday evening to finalize the cabinet and countertop order, and wanted the refrigerator’s dimensions before then. The dishwasher, range, and refrigerator are Frigidaire with a silver mist color. They look like stainless steel, though maybe not as shiny, but the finish will hold magnets, won’t show fingerprints, and is cheaper. I’ll try to include links to the actual models I chose for each appliance, if I remember.

Here’s the big dilemma with the refrigerator. The current one, though a shallower model, still sticks out pass the door frame. I considered a cabinet depth refrigerator, but would need to be careful even then to check dimensions. Also, cabinet depth models are significantly more expensive, even the cheapest brands. Heather asked about the possibility of switching the refrigerator and stove, since there’s more room where the stove currently is (the doors to the garage and dining room aren’t quite opposite each other), and Dad said this would require an electrician, but wouldn’t be too complicated. But, even with the switch, a standard refrigerator would still stick pass the door frame, and I think with the money and effort I’m putting into this remodel, that would drive me crazy. So, Dad suggested creating a recessed area for the refrigerator, and because there’s currently a shall cabinet in the wall there that would otherwise be walled off, there’s room for that. I’m relieved not to have to worry about that anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and comment!