Moving/Dakota

I finally moved into my house last weekend. I drove to Frederick Friday night, and my friend Josh and several other friends picked up the rental truck and loaded everything from my storage unit into it. Then, Saturday we drove down to Portsmouth. Traffic, a blown tire, and seven hours later, we finally got here. Several friends from here helped unload the truck and set up a few things, then we hung out for a while. I crashed pretty hard Saturday night, and since I hadn’t packed everything from Nick & Heather’s yet, including my alarm clock, I slept in Sunday. I spent most of Sunday moving everything else from their house, shopping for a few necessities, and unpacking. I’ve been doing a lot of unpacking, and there is still so much to do. I’ve got one room’s door shut, just so I don’t have to look at it yet.

I picked Dakota up from the kennel Saturday morning. She handled the drive pretty well, even with the delays, and seems to be adjusting well. The backyard isn’t fenced in yet, but I’ll be glad when it is and I can just let her out to run around as much as she wants. Until then, I’m walking her out front.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and comment!