The good life

Ever have those days when you just look around your life as it is at that exact moment, and you're just overwhelmed with how good it is? That's what I'm feeling right now.

I'm sitting in the corner of my sectional (my favorite place to sit while I'm working), covered by the afghan that my mom made me when I bought my first place. Dakota is laying at the other end of the sectional, while Harvey is curled up under the blanket at my feet keeping my feet warm. The cable Christian music channel is playing in the background (Starfield's Everything Is Beautiful, and the title seems appropriate given what I'm feeling right now). I leave tomorrow for Orlando, and get to spends lots of time with one of my favorite people in the world. I have lots of good friends, one of whom came by this morning to help me stop birds from getting into my attic (there's a whole story there, but that's for another post).

Seriously, I feel like if I were to actually start to list out all the things that I'm grateful on this day, I would never go back to work.

Days like this are so precious, and so good to hang on to. It can be so easy to fall into the trap of longing for another life, the way I thought my life was going to be at this point in my life. Its hard to always remember to be thankful for right now, for the gifts God has given me here, in this place and at this time.

But on days like this, it's not so hard.

God's gifts put man's best dreams to shame.
~ Elizabeth Barrett Browning

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and comment!