before and after: gutters and moldings.

On Saturday, a couple friends came over to help tear down my gutters and replace the moldings beneath it that had been damaged by water. The gutters were warped in many places, and didn't look like they had been installed properly to begin with. This is what the ones in front of the house looked like before:


This next picture is a close-up of that same area, and you can see where the molding had separated from the wall. This is actually the second time this happened - the area just to the right had separated as well, and I think this is how I ended up with birds (and maybe some other animal) in my house.


This is what it looks like now:


The molding has been replaced, and it makes a big difference - in fact, I'm still surprised at just how different it looks. Now there will be gutters only above the doors (which means less worry about pine needles clogging them, which means I won't have to pay Robbie to come clean them out, which is a good thing). The molding has been replaced and resealed as necessary, and soon the fascia board below it will be scraped and painted. I'd also like to find a way to clean the brick below it, but am hesitant to use a pressure washer, since its only a brick veneer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and comment!