from to-do to done.

I'm a planner and a list-maker. I would be in trouble without the ongoing to-do list I keep in my Blackberry - seriously, if I don't put it in there, chances are its not getting done. And for as long as I can remember, I've always started my work day with a to-do list, complete with little checkboxes. I usually make another when I get home. So I'm a big fan of the to-do list.

But recently I started doing something new. Rather than making a list of things to do, I've started keeping a list of the things that I've done. And it has been very freeing.

Despite my best intentions to make a reasonable list, its rare that I actually complete everything I plan to in a day - so it is much more encouraging to have a list of accomplishments, rather than even a few empty checkboxes, at the end of the day. It also gives me a chance to record the things that come up, that need to get done then but never make it to the list.

I'll keep using my Blackberry to track my long-term to-do list, but on a daily basis, the done list is working well for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and comment!