russian art.

A few weeks ago, my aunt told me that she had found some things at an auction that she knew I would like. She gave them to me tonight, and she's right - I love them.

They're paintings of scenes from Moscow, and they are beautiful, though my late-night pictures don't do them justice:

 

The second one, at least, looks like an original watercolor. The writing at the bottom of each is in Russian, so I tried to take pictures to send to a friend for help translating. Unfortunately, it was tough at night to get a good shot of the second, but here's the first:


I'm planning to build frames for them to match the ones I already built for the dining room.

1 comment:

  1. Check out this link...my guess is this is where your painting (s) were created (http://www.geographia.com/moscow/novodev.html). The writing says "Moscow Novadovichy Monastery".

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and comment!