sunday inspiration.

-- 1 --

A couple of weeks ago, I posted a list of ideas on how to care for orphans. This wonderful list, from Rage Against the Minivan, is far more extensive, and lists a lot of specific organizations that are doing this kind of work.

-- 2 --

Can you imagine praying for discomfort? Actually asking for anger, tears, and foolishness? Read this Franciscan benediction (found via Michael Hyatt):

May God bless you with discomfort
At easy answers, half-truths, and superficial relationships,
So that you may live deep within your heart.
May God bless you with anger
At injustice, oppression and exploitation of people,
So that you may work for justice, freedom and peace.
May God bless you with tears
To shed for those who suffer pain, rejection, hunger, and war,
So that you may reach out your hand to comfort them
And turn their pain into joy.
And may God bless you with enough foolishness
To believe that you can make a difference in the world,
So that you can do what others claim cannot be done
To bring justice and kindness to all our children and the poor.
Amen.

I honestly don't know if I have the courage to pray this. Do you?

-- 3 --

I love these creative gift packaging ideas from Scrapbooks, Etc (part of Better Homes and Gardens):

(Source: Embellish a six-pack holder or takeout box)

-- 4 --

I love this candle chandelier, but I'm wondering - wouldn't the candles potentially drip wax on the table? Or maybe on someone's head? Maybe if it had a glass on the bottom?


This idea is similar - I'm not sure which one I like more!


-- 5 --

These little photo keychains are adorable, and look really easy to make. I'm thinking about creating a few for kids' Christmas gifts this year.

2 comments:

  1. I love the candle chandies, too. I've seen them with a solid base, which seems more practical. One I loved looked almost like a rope swing with all different candles on top. I love that.

    Thanks for joining the Dare to DIY parties. Should be a great time and I'm super exited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That candle chandy looks dangerous like you said. I would be too nervous to sit under it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit, and comment!